For more than 30 years, O'Connell's has been a reliable source of home care for individuals, families, and community facilities. Founded in 1987 by Fran O’Connell, the goal for our agency back then, and still today, is to provide a level of personalized care that helps restore our patients’ enjoyment for life and overall well-being. We are committed to providing the best possible care for our clients so that they can remain active members of the community and continue to thrive well into their elder years.
O’Connell’s is a family-owned business that continues to breed a family-oriented culture. The team we have here is bright, passionate and dedicated to growing our agency to a new level of success in the coming years. We take great pride in the workplace that we built which is oftentimes described as fun, efficient and progressive; and we need new team players who can look beyond the tactical day to day to the big picture future of O’Connell Care at Home.
The Billing Associate will work closely with the Finance Manager and the Finance Associate in carrying out the duties of the Finance team. O’Connell Care at Home is a growing company which will afford opportunities to learn numerous aspects of the finance operation over time and in accordance with your personal skills.
This position is located in our Corporate office in South Hadley and will be an addition to our Finance team. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager, hours will be Tuesday through Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm; 24 Hours per week.
This candidate will be responsible for weekly and monthly billing for private, state and VA clients and assisting in preparing payroll for processing each week. Additional responsibilities and tasks within the finance department will be assigned to the candidate as the need arises.
Specific Job responsibilities:
- Weekly preparation of care logs and invoices for insurance companies.
- Weekly preparation of invoices for client billing.
- Entering monthly billing for state agencies, troubleshooting errors.
- Preparation of care logs for VA billing.
- Weekly verification of caregiver shifts in preparation for payroll run.
- Assisting as needed with weekly Payroll run.
- Resolving billing issues with various agencies and clients in a positive manner.
- Assisting in answering phones and routing calls to the correct department.
- Associates degree or higher and previous experience working in billing, preferably in the health care field.
· Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel, or similar programs.
· Proficiency in learning new computer applications and working with cloud-based systems.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
· Must be able to gather and analyze information to resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively clients, family members, and employees at all levels.
· Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
· Professional in attitude, demeanor and dress.
· Due to the nature of our business, due to inclement weather or COVID restrictions, employees may need to work from home. For that reason, access to reliable secure internet service at home is required.
“O’Connell Care at Home does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”