Home Care Training Coordinator
O’Connell’s is seeking a full-time Training Coordinator to take complete ownership of our internal and external training programs. This candidate will be responsible for organizing, managing and executing in-service trainings and certification training programs as well as creating and maintaining new future mentorship programs, in an effort to up-skill our current roster of home care aides and attract future new hires. Our new Training Coordinator will be the main point of contact for our administrative team and the home care aides when it comes to all things training related. If you’re someone who can thrive in a very fast-paced, work alongside many different types of people with varying interests and have a high standard for integrity and accuracy, please read on and apply!
This position will primarily reside in the South Hadley corporate office and be a part of the Human Resources team, reporting into the Director of HR. For the time being, our corporate office is working remotely and this candidate should be equipped with a secure, reliable internet connection and free from distraction in order to work from home successfully until the staff resumes normal operations in the South Hadley office. This candidate will travel lightly to supporting offices in Springfield, Holyoke, Deerfield and Westfield, on an as-needed basis.
As Clinical Training Coordinator, your day to day will look something like this:
- Ownership of the HHA Certification Program through Care Academy:
- Managing participants to ensure full attendance for each cohort group
- Working with Office Managers and Nurses to establish eligible participants
- Communicating and assigning weekly class schedule to participants and encouraging full participation in classes
- Organizing in-person, hands on skills training with nursing team
- Monitoring the status of each participant
- Gathering weekly program data and submitting findings to Finance for payroll processing
- Assigning training credit to employee files for each participant
- Answering any questions from the home care aides about the classes and helping to troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Designated main point of contact for Care Academy.
- Reporting to the Director of HR with weekly data on program completion
- Ownership of the In-Service Program through Care Academy:
- Monitoring monthly participation to ensure full utilization of open seats
- Working with the Office Managers and Nursing team to assign appropriate subject matter, relative to the home care aides needs.
- Ensuring completion of each in-service class.
- Reporting to the Director of HR with monthly data on program completion
- Tracking annual mandatory trainings to ensure each staff member has completed the required training as set forth by the MA Home Care Alliance standards.
- Managing in-person certification training programs when it is safe to do so:
- Establishing appropriate content for weekly in-services and assigning facilitators to host the trainings
- Working with the nursing team to create in-person bridge programs for PCA’s, CNA’s and PCHM’s.
- Working with outside vendors to coordinate external trainings such as CPR, First Aide, etc.
- Managing office participation through the In-Service Spreadsheet Tracker
- Overseeing and coordinating the details of our semi-annual Full In-Service Day
- Ensuring compliance with reporting in-service credits to employee files
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to:
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and encouraging perspective when it comes to rallying the team and getting everyone excited about training.
- Have the ability to work with multiple different personalities and always come from a place of mutual respect and support. We work and communicate with many different people and personalities and this candidate should be very comfortable communicating with different levels of the organization.
- Create and foster professional working relationships with the HR Team, Office Managers and individual office Nurses.
- Have exceptional organization and follow through are critical in this role in terms of a smooth day to day. These programs have a lot of moving parts and this candidate should be very disciplined in keeping all those parts organized and well executed.
- Display strong presentation skills both in-person and virtually.
- Bring new ideas to help improve existing programs and build out new ones.
- Stay up to date with industry training requirements.
To be considered for this position, your qualifications would include:
- Recent professional office experience; preferably in the health care industry.
- Previous experience managing or overseeing a robust internal training program, preferably a clinical one.
- Exposure to the healthcare setting, either in an administrative role or through direct care.
- Familiar with home care and the responsibilities of a home care aide.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with cloud-based computer systems and overall very comfortable working with computers.
- Familiarity with data management and overall data organization.